Yes, even though our house still hasn’t sold (and it’s been almost two months!), the news for today is we went ahead and purchased tickets to fly out of BNA on Tuesday Jan 30 at 4:35 pm. It was a very good fare – too good to pass up.
In the meantime, we are thanking the Lord because last night I was all ready to click the “Purchase” button on tickets for next Wednesday, the 24th, but I just felt uneasy about it, which now I know was the Holy Spirit’s warning. So this morning I called my pastor, Jon, and he suggested we wait one more week to travel.
You see, our plan all along has been to ship our stuff out on the 18th, to be the ship that sails the 25th from Charleston. Well then later today I get a call from our freight forwarder to say there may not be space available on that ship, which means we may not be able to load until the 25th – the day AFTER we would have flown out of here with our non-refundable tickets! So yes, thank you Lord!
It still may ship out this Thursday, and if anyone is available to come over and help us load, please let me know. Or in all probability it will be a week from Thursday, but I’ll keep you all posted. And since we’ll be here anyway, it gives us more time to pack, as well as to sell stuff we’re not taking.
Anyway we are trusting in God in the midst of this “hurry up and wait” season, and He has been showing us his goodness, not just in things like what happened today, but people have been extremely generous to us in their support, and we are blown away by this outpouring of love.
Anyway, we are Going to Mendoza, come what may!